Carbondale Community Arts is pleased to announce the exhibit, Mini-Monumentals, by southern Illinois sculptor Dan Johnson.
Johnson presents a collection of sculptures made of clay, concrete, granite, and steel that capture an aura and sense of “grandeur”. Although these objects would comfortably fit into a home or garden their sense of scale is amplified by their mass and their interpreted and imagined monumental presence. Simple design and a sense of humor guide Johnson’s process of making, allowing deep communication with nature and the materials used to create.
This exhibit will be presented in two locations: at CCA’s main gallery Artspace 304 from November 29 - January 12 and at the Corridor Gallery at the Carbondale Civic Center, December 5 - January 31.
Public Reception: Friday, December 1, 5 - 7 PM at Artspace 304. This event is free and open to the public.
Artspace 304 located at 304 W Walnut St, downtown Carbondale, and is available for viewing during gallery hours Wednesday - Friday 11 AM - 2 PM, by appointment, and during all CCA public programs and events.
- Wed, Dec 20 @ 11:00 am
- Thu, Dec 21 @ 11:00 am
- Fri, Dec 22 @ 11:00 am
- Wed, Dec 27 @ 11:00 am
- Thu, Dec 28 @ 11:00 am
- Fri, Dec 29 @ 11:00 am
- Wed, Jan 3, 2018 @ 11:00 am
- Thu, Jan 4, 2018 @ 11:00 am
- Fri, Jan 5, 2018 @ 11:00 am
- Wed, Jan 10, 2018 @ 11:00 am
- Thu, Jan 11, 2018 @ 11:00 am
- Fri, Jan 12, 2018 @ 11:00 am
- Starting Thursday, November 30th, 2017, repeats every week on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday until Friday, January 12, 2018 @ 11:00 am – 7:00 pm