Caring is one of the most intimate and human ways to connect with others. And it can be expressed in multiple ways — from helping an elderly person cross the street to fighting a house fire.
But certain parts of America practice this virtue more than others. Madison, Wis., and Lincoln, Neb. topped this year's list prepared by WalletHub, a financial advice firm.
In order to identify the most warmhearted places in America, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 100 largest U.S. cities across 32 key metrics. The data set ranges from “homelessness rate" to “percentage of income donated to charity” to “special-education teachers per capita.”
The Caring Spirit in Madison (1=Most Caring; 50=Avg.)
• 23rd – % of Sheltered Homeless Persons
• 19th – Child Poverty Rate
• 5th – Student-Teacher Ratio
• 6th – Residents Working in Community & Social Services per Capita
• 7th – Personal-Care Aides per Capita
• 11th – Nurses per Capita
• 1st – Firefighters per Capita
• 7th – Paramedics per Capita
Here is the top 10:
|3||Virginia Beach, VA||62.00||4||6||26|
|7||Colorado Springs, CO||59.65||6||12||32|
|10||St. Paul, MN||58.94||16||27||2|
For more, visit WalletHub for the complete report.