CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Southern Illinois University Carbondale will host “Understanding the SIU Employment Process,” a workshop to help people learn the ins and outs of the campus application and employment process.
The workshop will be from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, April 20, in the SIU School of Law auditorium. The public and campus community are welcome. There is no cost to attend.
The University’s Human Resources and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity offices are presenting the workshop to provide information about all phases of the application and employment process including:
• The different types of campus employment (Civil Service and Administrative/Professional) and how the application processes differ.
• Where to find applications and how to complete them.
• How qualifications for testing are determined and scheduling options.
• What continuous post classifications are and how they differ from advertised vacancies.
• Testing format -- pen and paper exams versus web-based exams and if applicants need computer experience to take the tests.
• What extra help positions are, how people apply and how hires are made.
• The intern appointment process.
• Useful links including study guides, sample tests, the online typing exam and more
• Interviewing tips.
No pre-registration is necessary to attend the presentation. For more information, contact Tracy Bennett at 618/536-3369 or firstname.lastname@example.org.