To the Editor:
Has anyone heard about the new medical pandemic originating in Washington? It is called DRATS -- Democrats and Republicans Against Trump Syndrome. You can tell if you have it by some very serious symptoms. Among these are:
1. You find yourself doing a lot of whining.
2. You will have a lot of feeling confused about who you work for, just what your job is, and who you serve.
3. You cannot stop yourself from trying to find ways to destroy any good that's been done by the present administration.
4. You will have severe tunnel vision looking forward, with nothing positive to contribute.
5. You may feel yourself stooping to undignified nerve and blatant disrespect for the President of the United States, with the inability to stop and consider your actions.
6. You'll have severe forgetfulness when it comes to your own mistakes and indiscretions.
7. You will waste more time -- yours and everyone else's -- on a ridiculous witch hunt, that will do nothing but take time away from your own job and duties. (Remember protect and serve?)
8. You will feel pride in doing the wrong things. (Believe me when I say "We the People" can see right through your intentions and what you are doing. You're getting away with nothing.)
The treatment for this syndrome: Spend your time doing things for your constituents, and basically doing the right things. You'll be feeling better in no time!