Mr. and Mrs. Gene Tapley will celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary.
Gene and Pat Wilson were married Aug. 14, 1949, in the First United Methodist Church in Karnak.
Mr. Tapley was a soldier in the U.S. Army. He retired from the Shawnee Development Council Central Office in Karnak. Mr. Tapley owned and operated Tapley's Service Station in Karnak.
Mrs. Tapley was a bookkeeper in Wilson's Store.
The couple has two children, Soctt Tapley and wife, Kay, of Karnak and Mecca Helm and husband, Jeff, of Grand Chain. They also have four grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.