Photo Credit: Alamy Stock Photo
- Mean software developer salary (adjusted): $111,050
- Mean software developer salary (unadjusted): $99,612
- Mean salary across all occupations (unadjusted): $44,570
- Number of software developer jobs: 1,560
- Median home price: $136,000
With an average home price of $136,000 and an overall cost of living that’s far below the national average, Greensboro-High Point is an affordable option for software developers, whose adjusted salaries top $111,000 per year. Greensboro and High Point comprise two of the three major communities in the Piedmont Triad, a coastal plain region of North Carolina. The location lends itself to plenty of green space and parks. It is also home to numerous colleges and universities as well as the International Civil Rights Center and Museum. Major employers in the area include Cone Health and Ralph Lauren Corp.