SIH has announced that new surgeons and doctors have joined the company.
• Ellie Bentley, DO, general surgeon, specializes in abdominal surgery, including gallbladder, appendix and intestinal procedures; hernia repair; skin and soft tissue procedures and advanced laparoscopic surgery.
Bentley recently completed her general surgery residency at Hackensack Meridian Health at Palisades in North Bergen, New Jersey. Her practice is at Herrin Medical Arts on the campus of SIH Herrin Hospital.
• Salim Hosein, MD, bariatric surgeon, joins New Life Weight Loss in Herrin.
Hosein completed fellowship training in advanced gastrointestinal minimally invasive and bariatric surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. Hosein specializes in laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery; laparoscopic revisional surgery; reflux and foregut surgery; abdominal wall reconstructive surgery; minimally invasive general surgery and diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy.
• Nishat Fatima, MD, and Anne Margarette Bacal, MD, have joined the SIH Center for Medical Arts in Carbondale.
You have free articles remaining.
Fatima completed her fellowship in endocrinology at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield. She is a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and EndoSociety.
Bacal completed fellowship training in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism from Loyola University Medical Center. She is a member of the American College of Physicians, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Endocrine Society and Society of General Internal Medicine.
Both physicians specialize in adult endocrinology; diabetes and obesity; bone and mineral metabolism; osteopenia; osteoporosis; pituitary disorders; thyroid and parathyroid disorders; adrenal disorders; male hypogonadism and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
• Amar Rawal, MD, urologist, specializes in a number of areas specific to urology, including urethral stricture; urethroplasty; urodynamics testing; vasectomy; erectile dysfunction; penile prosthesis; stress urinary incontinence, artificial urinary sphincter; pelvic floor dysfunction and neuro-urology.
Rawal completed fellowship training in urological surgery at Washington University Medicine & Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. His practice is located at Herrin Medical Arts on the campus of SIH Herrin Hospital.
• Victor Cepeda, MD, is an infectious disease specialist who treats patients with general infectious diseases, HIV, hepatitis and fungal diseases.
Cepeda completed fellowship training at University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He is a member of the American College of Physicians and Infectious Diseases Society of America. His practice is located at Logan Park at 3314 Patriot Court in Herrin.