CARBONDALE — The works of 33 Master of Fine Arts students in Southern Illinois University Carbondale’s School of Art and Design will be featured in a special event next week.
The annual Open Studio tour will start at 3:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 18. The Open Studio tour gives visitors an opportunity to meet and talk with artists and designers, learn about how their work is made, and see active demonstrations.
An undergraduate art show is also set for 6:30 p.m. in the Glove Factory’s Surplus Gallery.
The tours and art show are free and open to the campus community and the public.
You have free articles remaining.
The open house will be at five different locations on campus. Each of the participating students will be in their studios to welcome visitors and discuss their artwork.
The schedule, with event locations, is:
- 3:30 p.m. sculpture and metal casting, Foundry, 1560 W. Pleasant Hill Road;
- 4 p.m. ceramics, glass and metals. Pulliam Industrial Wing, 580 W. Grand Ave.;
- 5 p.m. design. Pulliam Design Wing, 555 Clocktower Drive;
- 5:30 p.m. painting, drawing, printmaking and sculpture, Glove Factory Building, 432 S. Washington St.;
- 6:30 p.m. cookout and undergraduate art show, Surplus Gallery at the Glove Factory Building, 432 S. Washington St.
For more information on the program contact the School of Art at Design at 618-453-4315.