The Varsity has released the complete lineup for its Friday Flicks film series through the summer.
Friday Flicks feature movies that are old favorites or cult classics. Showings are at 7 p.m. Fridays, with doors and the bar opening at 6:30. Tickets for all showings are $7 or $5 for students, unless otherwise noted. Tickets may be purchased in advance at thevarsitycenter.eventbrite.com, or at the door a half hour before screenings.
Here's what's playing:
You have free articles remaining.
- June 14: "The Sandlot." Coming-of-age comedy set in 1962 follows a group of boys and the adventures of their pick-up baseball games. PG.
- June 21: "The Fifth Element." Comedy sci-fi adventure starring Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich. PG-13.
- June 28: "Strangers on a Train." Suspense directed by Alfred Hitchcock; strangers who meet by chance become linked after a mysterious murder. PG.
- July 5: "Yankee Doodle Dandy." Free screening. Musical about the life of George M. Cohan, also known as "the man who owned Broadway." G.
- July 12: "Purple Rain." Prince's musical drama. R.
The Varsity is at 418 S. Illinois Ave. For more information, visit facebook.com/varsitycenter.
— The Southern