Southern Illinois Girl Scout troops are taking orders now for the organization's famous cookies.
Orders for delivery in early March are being taken now through Jan. 26. To find a Girl Scout selling cookies in your area, call 800-345-6858. Some troops are also setting up booths where orders may be placed. After delivery, area troops also will sell boxes of cookies at booths around the area on select dates from Feb. 21 to March 15. For more information, visit gsofsi.org.
Proceeds from cookie sales support Girl Scout programs. Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois CEO Loretta Graham in a news release highlighted the group's robotic teams, which in 2019 competed in the Lego competition, sending five teams to the state level.
Cookies for sale this year are:
You have free articles remaining.
For $5 per box:
- Thin Mints: peppermint-chocolate wafers;
- Samoas: cookies covered with caramel, coconut and chocolate;
- Tagalongs: chocolate-covered crispy peanut butter cookies;
- Trefoils: classic shortbread;
- Do-Si-Dos: peanut butter sandwiched between two oatmeal cookies; and
- Lemon Ups: a new cookie this year, a crispy lemon cookie.
For $6 per box:
- Girl Scout S'mores: graham cookies with chocolate and marshmallow filling; and
- Toffee-tastic: Butter cookies with toffee bits.
— The Southern