Here are some health benefits of beer that may be surprising for National Beer Lovers Day.
1. Daily beer consumption has been shown to help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
2. Dietary silicon, found in beer, is important for the growth and development of bone and connective tissues.
3. Several studies link moderate alcohol consumption with a 30 percent reduced risk of type 2 diabetes.
4. Beer contains xanthohumol, a powerful antioxidant known to have anti-cancer properties.
5. Perhaps one of the most remarkable health benefits of beer is its ability to protect against Alzheimer’s.