Members of the Chamber of Commerce and guests celebrated Carbondale Chamber’s Centennial Celebration at the SIU Student Center Ballrooms for the annual banquet Feb. 17. The event included performances by Southern Illinois Symphony Orchestra and SIU Jazz Orchestra along with a cocktail hour, dinner, prizes, dancing and awards.
1. Chamber President Melissa Lewis (left), awarded the Art in Business award to Chris McKinley of Nest Arts, with Lisa Janssen, Executive Director, Carbondale Community Arts and Gary Kolb of the CCA Board of Directors.
2. Darren Berger was named 2016 Business Leader of the Year by the Chamber's President Melissa Lewis.
3. Darren Berger, with 2016 Business of the Year winner Morris Arnold and George Sheffer of Murdale True Value and Chamber President Melissa Lewis
4. 2016 Citizen of the Year winner Diane Hood and Chamber President Melissa Lewis
5. 2016 President’s Service Award winner Diane Daugherty and Chamber President Melissa Lewis
6. 2016 Regional Business of the Year was awarded to Walmart. Accepting the award was Gary Kramme, Store Manager and Jim Olsen, Market Asset Protection Manager both of Walmart and Chamber President Melissa Lewis.
7. Shane Carsrud accepted the Young Professional of the Year award from Chamber President Melissa Lewis.