Some of the most popular types of Christmas plants can be extremely dangerous to your pet’s health if ingested. Here are four particularly toxic examples:
2. Hellebore (or Christmas rose)
When ingested, these plants can provoke undesirable reactions like abdominal pain, digestive problems (vomiting, diarrhea, etc.), oral irritation and increased salivation. Sometimes intoxication can even lead to death, which is why it’s crucial to consult your veterinarian right away if your cat or dog shows any symptoms of poisoning.
Lastly, if you receive any one of these beautiful but toxic plants to decorate your home during the holidays, make sure to place it somewhere far away from your four-legged friend’s reach.