Raised by a dairy farmer and an opera singer, Keenan grew up working on the farm, racing cars, and never planned to leave Du Quoin. However, at 22 he moved to Nashville for music. It was a bust, but not wasted time. He spent five years working in corporate America and experiencing life outside of small-town USA. Homesick, he returned in 2005. When the family decided to stop milking, he began his career in insurance. While adjusting to life as a single parent, he rekindled his passion for music and started a band. We Got it Covered occupied his time when he wasn't with his children. It's been a wildly successful and profitable hobby for the last 8 years. In 2017, he found his partner in crime, Jessica, who he married and now owns Eclipse Insurance Agency with, an agency named after her cat, which speaks volumes about Keenan's love for his wife. They share the office with their daughter, Bristol, and have a boy due in December. Keenan also has 3 boys, Riley, Austin and Cooper that keep him busy. He spends endless hours working in the community and with charitable causes. If it happens in Du Quoin, he's in the middle of it!
1. What is your current state of mind? Excitement.
2. What is your favorite avocation/hobby? Music.
3. If you could got back in time 1,000 years, what year would you visit and why? 1,000? I just want the 90's back; music sucks these days.
4. What is your most treasured possession? My family although they are not mine.
5. If you could rid the world of one disease what would it be? Greed.
6. What is your most obvious characteristic? Outgoing.
7. Which words or phrases do you over-use most? Eh, what the hell.
8. If you were to die and come back as a person or animal, what do you think it would be? I'm already Elvis reincarnated. He died the day after I was born.
9. What is one thing you refuse to share? French Fries.
10. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why? Patience. It's a virtue.
You have free articles remaining.
11. What song would you sing for your American Idol audition? I wouldn't. My life is too good to screw up by winning.
12. If you could start a collection of one kind of item, what would it be? Grandkids, I'm hoping for 20+.
13. If you were given the chance to run for mayor of your city, would you take it? Nope.
14. What is your favorite smell? Fresh cut hay fields.
15. What is the last book you read? The Bible, but I should read it more often.
16. What was your favorite color of Crayola crayon growing up? Red.
17. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? Oops. Did I do that?
18. What bad habit do you have that you know you need to break, but don't really want to? Overcommitting myself.
19. If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which one would you give up? Sight
20. What skills do you possess that could help you survive the zombie apocalypse? I don't, but my three boys are avid outdoorsmen so we'll make it.
21. What is your personal motto? In all things, God works for the good of those who love Him, who were called according to his purpose.