Du Quoin Chamber of Commerce’s Farm to Table Dinner sponsored by Kremer Plumbing, Beth Thompson and State Farm Insurance, Perry County Farm Bureau and Marshall Browning Hospital was held on Thursday, July 11 in beautiful downtown Du Quoin. The event — growing in popularity — showcases the beautiful, historic downtown in hopes of educating community members about the importance of eating locally grown foods and spending their dollars locally as well.
An entire city block on Main Street was the setting for this truly unique experience. Linen-covered tables complete with real plates and flatware line the street. Social hour featured local beer and wine along with local music provided by Matt Basler.
Food was prepared by local restaurants such as W Restaurant & Lounge, St. Nicholas Brewing Company, Kalin’s Café and Red Hawk Golf and Grille and used local ingredients supplied by Baked on Division, Don Hirsch Farm, Lick Creek Pork and Beef, Flyway Family Farms, Cahokia Rice, Feather’s Farm, Marcoot Creamery, One Circle Eco Farm and Flamm Orchard. Name Brand Creations provided fresh flowers for all the tables. Les Browser of SI Drones of Herrin provided aerial footage of the Du Quoin Chamber of Commerce’s Farm to Table Dinner.
1. Michelle Eaton and Les Browser of SI Drones of Herrin
2. Jordyn Bullar and Kelli Boss of W Restaurant & Lounge of Du Quoin
3. Rose Alongi with Monica and Charles Gaines, all of Du Quoin
4. Beth Thompson of Du Quoin
5. Rich Rottschalk and Jerry Smith, both of Du Quoin
6. Tim and Jill Leake with Royce Jackson, all of Du Quoin
7. Royce Jackson with Kathy West, both of Du Quoin
8. Keenan Rice with Stacy and Tim Hirsch, all of Du Quoin
9. Tim and Stacy Hirsch with Jessica Holder and Keenan Rice, all of Du Quoin
10. Linda Whitman, Heide Fiorino, Cass VanDerMeer and Lora Booker, all of Du Quoin
11. Daphney Schimonski of Du Quoin with Celeste Bullar of De Soto and Jill VanZandt of Du Quoin
You have free articles remaining.
12. Sandy Voice of Du Quoin with Celeste Bullar of De Soto
13. Amanda Holmes of Du Quoin with Jarrod Kearbey of Marion
14. Richard and Cheryl Rider of Du Quoin
15. Eric Kirkpatrick and Billy Stanhouse, both of Du Quoin
16. Jessica Hirsch and Haley Baudison, both of Du Quoin
17. Sandy Voice and Haley Baudison, both of Du Quoin
18. Curtis Clark of Carbondale with Molly Clark and Leo Russell, both of Du Quoin
19. Marsha Hardin of Mulkeytown with Paul Plett and Karen Orlandini, both of Du Quoin
20. Todd and Jana Kuhnert with Davey Hopkins and Michele Klein, all of Du Quoin
21. Theresa Di Mauro and TJ Martin (seated) with Cindi and Chip Banks, all of Du Quoin
22. Jason VanZandt and Roger Brand, both of Du Quoin
23. Billy Rogers with Abby Ancel, chairpersons of the event, both of Du Quoin
24. Chamber committee members include Stacy Hirsch, Patricia Gross, Tim Hirsch, Beth Thompson, Jeff Egbert, Abi Hammonds, Doc Holladay, Keenan Rice, Chip Banks, Tim Leake, Erik Perks, Abby Ancel and Billy Rogers, all of Du Quoin