During the week of April 23, Southern Illinois University students in the Hospitality, Tourism and Administration program along with Fashion Design and Merchandising programs worked with the Advertising specialization of the School of Journalism to bring a fun week to the SIU campus and around downtown Carbondale. The inaugural Food & Fashion Week was born. The week capped off on April 27 with a Passion for Fashion Gala at the Garden Grove Event Center in Carbondale. 150 Years of Fashion was the theme of the event that featured period pieces from local women across the decades. Dinner and refreshments were served. A silent auction was also held to raise funds for scholarships for the programs involved. The evening culminated with a special vintage fashion show. Music was provided by Kevin Lucas Orchestra.
1. Stephanie Rhodes of Alto Pass with Karen Midden and Fnu Tugiyanto, both of Carbondale
2. Debbie Moore of Carbondale with Deb and Dan Johnson of Percy
3. Deborah and Jim Tudor of Carbondale
4. Event coordinator Niki Davis and Jeff Davis of Carbondale
5. Donna Koehler of Bloomington with Sydney Koehler of Carbondale
6. Bailey Barrett and Miguel Sorrell, both of Carbondale
7. Lyn Sargent of Herrin with Jennifer Randolph-Bollinger of Carbondale
You have free articles remaining.
8. Michelle Suarez of Carbondale, Jennifer Dehaemers of Carterville with Regan Campo and Holly Krvep of Mount Vernon
9. Patricia Burns of Carbondale with Kathy Elson of Elkville
10. Lynette Miller and Jenise Wilson, both of Carbondale
11. Matthew Wilson and Jenise Wilson, both of Carbondale
12. Fashion show narrator Maggie Burke of Carbondale
13. Jill Johnson and Phoebe Davis, both of Carbondale
14. Fashion show models showcasing 150 years of Carbondale fashion