Bidding on this year's Blackout jerseys helped raise over $31,000 to help patients and families impacted by cancer. Winning bidders were recognized at the SIU football game on Sept. 29. at Saluki Stadium.
The top 98 bidders each received a game-worn, namesake jersey in honor of a loved one impacted by the disease. This year's proceeds go to the Coach Kill Fund, which is administered by the SIH Foundation.
Coach Jerry Kill’s personal experience with cancer while head coach of the football team several years ago was the genesis of the beloved fund bearing his name. Jerry and his wife, Rebecca, partnered with the SIH Foundation to create the program to assist patients within the southernmost 16 counties of Illinois.
Since its inception in 2007, the Coach Kill Fund has assisted over 1,500 patients with financial support totaling $589,000.
1. Jeremy Chinn of Fishers, Indiana
2. Airan Reed of Medina, Tennessee
3. Austin Reed of St. Augustine Beach, Florida and Eric Boles of Dexter, Missouri
4. Buck Hales of Carbondale with Victor Abraham of Canton, Michigan and Karen Hales of Carbondale
6. Nate Strong of East St. Louis and Matt Solverson of Carbondale
7. Rico Payton of St. Louis and Ron Reeves of Carbondale
8. Michael Harper of Grand Prairie, Texas with Madre Harper of Arlington, Texas and Madiola Harper of Grand Prairie, Texas
9. Jill Gobert and Dr. Pam Smoot, both of Carbondale
10. Jake Varble of Jerseyville with Nikki and Mike Rishel of De Soto
11. David NewMyer of De Soto with Brody Parker of Blue Spring, Missouri
12. Jackson and Louie Hertter, both of Carbondale with Sam Thompson of St. Petersburg, Florida and Skyler Peterman and Jenny and Louie Hertter V, all of Carbondale
13. Coach Jerry Kill of Creal Springs, Jill Gobert of Carbondale and Woody Thorne of Makanda
14. Turner, PJ, Caroline and Courtney Finigan, all of Carbondale with Coach Jerry Kill of Creal Springs
15. Rebecca, Jerry and Krystal Kill, all of Creal Springs
16. Paula Frisch and Jill Gobert, both of Carbondale
17. Trevor, Pat and Taylor Poore, all of Carterville