2. He died at 9:30 a.m. Monday, April 22, 2019, according to an email from Marion City Clerk Alice Rix.
3. His full name was Robert Lee Butler.
4. He was the son of Homer and Eva Butler, of Marion; his mother's maiden name was Clarida.
5. Butler’s parents used to call him "Bobby" until he came of age, during which they then referred to him as "Bob." "But I'll answer to most anything," he said.
6. There were not any hospitals in Marion in 1927, the year he was born. The closet hospital was located in Carbondale. His mother, Eva, gave birth to him in his childhood home at 704 N. Garfield St. in Marion.
7. The home was destroyed in a string of fires in December of 2016.
8. Butler said he considered the destruction of his childhood home as a bad omen upon his 90th year.
9. Butler, who grew up in Marion, attended the local elementary, junior high and high schools, all of which have been relocated.
10. He graduated from the University of Illinois College of Law in 1952.