Five men from Franklin County have been arrested as part of an investigation by the Southern Illinois Drug Task Force.
According to a release from the task force, the five men were arrested on charges of unlawful delivery of methamphetamine. The task force, along with the Franklin County Sheriff's Office and West City, Benton, West Frankfort, Christopher and Zeigler police departments, served an arrest warrant on Wednesday.
Those arrested were:
- James S. Munyon, 26, of Benton;
- Dustin R. Eckles, 33, of Benton;
- David G. Taylor, 41, of West Frankfort;
- Michael D. Bowers, 47, of West Frankfort; and
- James M. Sneed, 26, of Christopher.
The case will be prosecuted by Franklin County prosecutor Evan Owens, according to the release.
— The Southern