A plan to expand the size of Illinois State University's board of trustees won unanimous approval in the Senate Wednesday.
The measure, which would add two trustees to the seven-member governing board, is sponsored by state Sen. Bill Brady, R-Bloomington.
Brady said the additional members could serve as ambassadors and fundraisers to help replace some of the dollars being lost in state funding.
The University of Illinois and at Northeastern Illinois University also have nine-member boards.
The measure heads to the House for further debate.
The legislation is Senate Bill 1146.
— The Southern Springfield Bureau
- Central Illinois Regional Airport
- Associated Press
- Cessna 414
- John Jones
- Mclean County Illinois
- Ncaa Men S Division I Basketball Championship
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Illinois State University
- University Of Illinois At Urbana Champaign
- North Central Association Of Colleges And Schools
- Association Of Public And Land-grant Universities
- Illinois State Senators
- American Association Of State Colleges And Universities
- Bill Brady
- United States Senate
- University Of Illinois
- Northeastern Illinois
- Northeastern Illinois University
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!