Grace Khatchaturian, 21, of Champaign, was crowned Miss Illinois following the annual competition on Saturday night in Marion. She will go on to compete in this year's Miss America competition.
Khatchaturian was also awarded $10,000 in scholarships. She competed as Miss Capital City.
Runners up in this year's Miss Illinois competition were:
- Isabelle Hanson, first runner-up, Miss Northern Suburbs, of Glen Ellyn; winner of $3,000 scholarship;
- Grace Etzkorn, second runner-up; Miss Chicago, of Chicago; winner of $2,000 scholarship;
- Breana Bagley, third runner-up; Miss Heartland, of Mount Zion; winner of $1,500 scholarship;
- Stephanie Dearwester, fourth runner-up; Miss Land of Lincoln, of Paloma; winner of $1,200 scholarship.
Other scholarships awarded at this year's competition include:
- Quality of Life Scholarship to Brittany Albrect, Miss Southern Illinois;
- Women in Business Scholarship to Hannah Poitras, Miss Gold Coast;
- Linda K. Fisher Community Service and Academic Scholarship to Mandy Marsh, Miss Shawnee Hills;
- Women in Medicine Scholarship to Darcy Dreyer, Miss John A. Logan;
- STEM Scholarship to Madeline McGowan, Miss Windy City.
— The Southern