Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Prince William: Prince Philip is doing 'OK' in hospital
AP

Prince William: Prince Philip is doing 'OK' in hospital

{{featured_button_text}}
Prince William: Prince Philip is doing 'OK' in hospital

Prince William has revealed that Prince Philip is doing "OK" in hospital.

The Duke of Cambridge said that doctors are "keeping an eye" on his grandfather after he was admitted to hospital on a "precautionary measure" last week, and gave a reassuring wink when asked about his health.

Asked about the Duke of Edinburgh's condition during a visit to a COVID-19 vaccination centre, the 38-year-old royal said: "Yes, he's OK, they're keeping an eye on him."

Prince Philip was admitted to the King Edward VII hospital in London last week as a precautionary measure after feeling unwell.

A Buckingham Palace statement confirmed that the 99-year-old royal had been admitted to hospital and said he would likely remain there for a few days to rest and be kept under observation.

It has not been confirmed what is causing Prince Philip to feel under the weather, but it is not coronavirus-related.

It was also reported that he was able to walk into the hospital unaided.

The health update comes after the Duke of Edinburgh was visited by his son Prince Charles over the weekend, who arrived at the hospital on Saturday (20.02.21) and spent 30 minutes there before returning to his waiting car.

The Prince of Wales travelled to London from Highgrove, Gloucestershire to visit his father after it was revealed on Friday (19.02.21) that Prince Philip would remain in hospital for another few days at least for "rest and observation".

However, it is believed he is in "good spirits".

Meanwhile, Queen Elizabeth and her husband Prince Philip received their COVID-19 vaccinations last month, as their age puts them in one of the highest-risk categories and therefore among the first to be vaccinated.

A doctor at Windsor Castle was said to have given them the vaccine, and whilst it is normally quite uncommon for the royals to issue statements on private health matters, it is believed the Queen decided to announce the news to avoid any speculation.

0
0
0
0
0

This article originally ran on celebretainment.com.

Be the first to know

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
TownNews.com Content Exchange

Related to this story

Most Popular

  • Updated

Carrie-Anne Moss has revealed she suddenly went from being offered mother roles to grandmother roles when she turned 40-year-old.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News