• Men's golf at the South Florida Invitational, Tampa, Fla. The Salukis in this week's tournament are Matthis Besard, Luke Gannon, Peyton Wilhoit, Hunter York, and Tom Cleaton with Vikar Jonasson and Sean Mullan playing as individuals. Of the 15-team field, six of them played in the South Florida Invitational last year, including Southern Illinois.
"I think that it's important that we have three guys who have seen this course before and finished well," SIU coach Justin Fetcho said. "We finished well as a team last year in third place. I think it can only be beneficial for you to have extra knowledge and experience on a golf course."
• Women's golf at the Spring Break Shootout Monday and Tuesday, Dade City, Fla. The 15-team field will compete at the Lake Jovita Country Club, which features a South and North course. The South course was designed by US Open Champion Tom Lehman and golf course architect Kurt Sandness, spanning 220-acres with hilly terrain. The 263-acre North course has even greater elevation than the South and is contemporary in style. The Salukis come off second and third-place finishes, respectively, in their last two events. Live stats available at SIUSalukis.com.
• Softball (12-6) hosts Missouri State (13-7) in both teams' conference openers. The noon doubleheader is scheduled to air on ESPN+. Fans can listen to the broadcast at SIUSalukis.com. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for youth for both games. SIU students get in free with valid ID. SIU is third in the MVC in hitting and team ERA. Missouri State is fourth in both categories.
• Baseball (8-5) hosts Austin Peay (5-8), Jones Stadium, 3 p.m. The game is scheduled to air on SIUSalukis.com and the TuneIn mobile app. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for youth. SIU students get in free with valid ID. Mason Hiser (1-0, 6.75 ERA) goes for his second straight victory on the mound after throwing five quality innings at a win at Belmont.
• Baseball hosts Southeast Missouri State, Jones Stadium, 3 p.m. The game is scheduled to air on SIUSalukis.com and the TuneIn mobile app. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for youth. SIU students get in free with valid ID.
• Women's basketball at MVC tournament, TaxSlayer Center, Moline. The Salukis (15-14) take the No. 6 seed into the MVC tournament Friday night against No. 3 Northern Iowa (19-11) at 8:30 p.m. The game is scheduled to air on ESPN+. Live stats will be available at mvc-sports.com and SIUSalukis.com. Northern Iowa swept the Salukis during the regular season, winning 65-53 in Cedar Falls, Iowa, and 76-67 in Carbondale.
• Softball hosts preseason conference favorite Drake for a three-game series beginning Saturday with a noon doubleheader. The doubleheader is scheduled to air on ESPN+. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for youth. Live stats are available at SIUSalukis.com.
• Softball hosts preseason conference favorite Drake in the weekend series finale at 11 a.m. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for youth. Live stats are available at SIUSalukis.com.